Learn to Play Safely
- Looking to buy or sell a Natural
horse? Dana now offers assistance in finding
and selling Natural horses. Contact Dana for more
Find the Fun
Think Like a Horse
A professional instructor, personally trained by Pat Parelli since 1988, at helping you teach your horse:
If you would like to study the elements of natural horsemanship for accelerated
development, there are several avenues to choose from. It all depends
on how skilled you want to become, and how quickly you want to get
- To come to you, instead of your catching him.
- Good ground manners.
- Control, so you don't have to use a bit to stop him.
- Willingness to move forward without spurs.
- To stand quietly for saddling.
- To trailer load easily and willingly.
- Foot control, by understanding rein positions.
- To understand what you want by knowing how he thinks.
- To obtain lightness and responsiveness without artificial aids.
- To solve and prevent problems.
- To ride more confidently and closely with your horse.
- To add more fun and creativity to your progress.
- To build a solid foundation so that your horse becomes a willing partner.
- Do more than you ever thought you were capable of doing with horses.
The time it takes varies according to how much horse experience you've had, how much time you're able to devote to learning and whether you concentrate on this system or experiment with different methods at the same time. My advice is to focus on one method before you diversify, it will save you a lot of time and confusion. I recommend that you complete Level 1 inside three months - firstly, because you can, and secondly, because if you do it for months or years on end, you'll end up boring your horse! Level 2 could take you between six months and two years. Level 3 could take between nine months and three years. Again, it depends on your individual situation.
3025 Blackjack Ridge
Prescott, AZ 86305
About Dana | Instruction & Camps | Savvy System
What is Natural Horsemanship? | Test